Welcome!

If you'd like to work with me personally check out my site: http://www.wix.com/alexkip/trainer

Friday, June 24, 2011

Lower back pain?


            Ugh...   make it stop.  I squirm in my bed as I try different positions to relieve the insidious pain in my lower back.  Nothing works.  I shift again.  Ouch!  Well I guess it’s time to get up.   What the heck is going on?  I never have back pain! 

            For starters I’m in a new bed and let’s just say the mattress is less than ideal.  My large feet hang over the end of the bed like a giant in a cradle.  Well, I guess I’ll just give my back muscles a break until they feel better.  Right?  WRONG! 

            Sure, it may seem counterproductive to train your back muscles when they are in pain, but that is exactly what your body needs.  If done with “proper technique” nutrients will be released into the discs, muscles, ligaments, and joints of the back.  When you neglect to work your back muscles because they hurt it can undermine the healing process.  If you go longer than two days without addressing the problem, you will be compromising your health.

            Don’t worry, up to 80% of adults experience lower back pain… you’re not alone!  So how do we fix it?  Well, I mentioned “proper technique.”  Obviously “improper technique” often causes the most back pain.  So here are some tips to ensure you are getting the most out of your exercise with the least possibility of injury:   




No comments:

Post a Comment